What are the benefits of Film Investment?
Films are often classified as higher risk investments. However, by structuring film projects through qualifying SEIS and EIS companies, UK taxpayers can benefit from some very generous HMRC tax reliefs. These benefits can be worth up to 70% of the investment. Add a 20% return from the UK Film Tax Credit and up to 90% of the potential risk can be removed from the investment. Not only that, but consider the added bonus of all profits being completely tax free!
EIS 30% - 50% TAX RELIEF
• Tax relief of up to 50% can be claimed in the current or previous tax year (from date of share certificate).
• A capital gains write-off of up to 50% of any gain can be claimed against the current tax year.
• No inheritance tax to be paid after two years.
• Loss relief on any monies lost can be claimed at current tax rate
• The primary tax relief takes the form of a reduction in Income Tax at a flat rate of the cost of new shares.
EIS - A proven effiecient HMRC scheme
EIS - A proven efficient HMRC scheme
Since the launch of EIS in 1993-94, more than £10.7bn has been invested in over 21,000 companies, according to HMRC figures..
“EIS is not for someone who needs income or access to their capital in the short-to-medium term,”
Proven portfolio of successful releases and more importantly profits for our film investment clients
DISCLAIMER The information provided on this site and guide is for information purposes only. The contents are not, and should not be deemed to be an offer of, or invitation to engage in any investment activity. The website and any documentation should not be construed as advice, or a personal recommendation by the website and subsequent contributing agent.